Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Journey Home

This summer, I'm doing something different. I went to my boyfriend's house for about a week, then I'm going to be home for two weeks or so to see my littler sister (she goes to Notre Dame, and I don't get to see her often), then I'm going back to my boyfriend's house. Each journey takes about 12 hours, and right now I'm on the first leg of my journey to my mom's house. I'm on a bus speeding through NH at 60-65 mph on the highway. A traveling hotspot with 6 TVs, a refrigerator, Several headphone jacks that not only connect to the TVs but connect to the radio, and a bathroom. Oh, and the seats are leather. Am I cool yet? Somewhere deep in the heart of Pennsylvania, Woof is shaking her head 'no' and she doesn't know why.

This visit to my mom's house, I'm only using a hoodie bag to pack my things. Let me take this opportunity to tell you all that is in this very old hoodie bag: a heavy laptop, charger for my laptop, charger for my cell phone, 5 bags of pretzel crisps, 5 T-shirts, a bottle of tylenol, 4 ps2 games, chapstick, and two bottles of water. This thing is NOT light. On top of that, the best thing is that this bag is over 4 years old. It has seen so much, and I'm so glad that it's doing so well this trip, too. I was worried that I'd have to replace it soon, but I guess not!!

The bus is moving again, and I get really bad motion sickness, so for now... Adieu! Wish me luck on my trip! I'm sure I'll have stories when I get back.

Lots of love,
       Mew

No comments:

Post a Comment