Sunday, May 22, 2011

Postsecret

What some of you may not know about is another very very popular blog online called Postsecret. I happened across it a couple of years ago, and the honesty of it is amazing to me. The idea behind it is to send this man a decorated postcard with your deepest secret on it. He picks the ones he wants to share and scans them onto his computer, then puts them up on his blog. This man is so dedicated to this project that he actually travels the country doing lectures where he encourages people to stand up and tell people their secrets. Some of these postcards from his blog really touch me, and I want to share some from this week:



This picture reminds me that some people live the life that I dreamed about in high school. I secretly wanted to have that high school sweetheart rest-of-your-life relationship, but it didn't work out that way.

It seems amazing to me that something good can come out of something so ugly.

Every time I'm at the doctor's office, I make a bee-line for the highlights....

If you want to check out the website, it's this-a-way. Be prepared for things that are NSFW and possibly really upsetting to you. Some of the secrets are very very personal, and some use pictures from adult sites or movies. I hope some of the secrets touch you like they do me and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



-Mew

No comments:

Post a Comment