Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Stuff

I titled this 'New Stuff' because it's not just one thing, and it's not something that can be easily explained in a couple of words. Or maybe it can: Fan page and knot scarves. Wow, that was easier than I thought!

On the fan page, since Woof is handling expenses and shipping, I felt like I should do a little extra for the etsy shop, so I thought about where we hadn't touched yet, and I created a facebook page! Part of the reason I did this was to bring a twitter-like functionality to a wider audience, and also I liked the idea of photos ahead of time, and people being able to vote on which products they'd like to have the ability to buy (you guys always know best with these things). It just seemed like an easy way to be more interactive with people who read our blog and enjoy our shop. Tonight I posted some advance pictures of the knot scarves that I've been making!

The knot scarves are neat, because they're made out of old t shirts. They're not strong enough to be hung from, but the tests I did on myself and my model in the photos were extensive enough to ensure they'll last a long while. I don't know how they will react to being put through the washer, so I'll have to try that in the next few days. I'm also going to take more pictures of the scarves close up and in good lighting so you can see the detail in them-- they're really very pretty!! Here are some of the pictures I took that are on our facebook page. The model is Nicole Brooks, and she put up with me for over an hour and several wardrobe changes and was a very good sport!

White knot scarf
There's only one white one, and it was made out of a really neat shirt that looked like really tight-knit lace... You'll know when you see it. I can't wait to take better, closer pictures! This one is also very fluffy, and it layers really really easily. I didn't have to play with it much at all on Nicole.

Baby blue knot scarf
This truck is not mine. I just love the way the scarf looks in this picture, and it looks like something that anyone would wear. Also, I feel the need to point out that the shirt in this picture was actually too low-cut, and the scarf helped to cover that up and downplay it. This is an outfit my Aunt Peggy would approve of, even though it's a tank top!

These scarves are also very soft, and they're big circles, not like your typical scarf that's just in one row. I love the way it looks on me and my model, and I was really excited to share it with you guys! If you have any questions, let me know! I don't mind testing the scarves further, and in fact plan on it.

I have plans to watch Get Him to the Greek with my family now, so I'm going to log off blogger and go do that. Enjoy your night!

- Mew

New facebook page (please like us!): http://www.facebook.com/pages/MewWoof/203610953008788

No comments:

Post a Comment